The Future of Mastering
Building on a 17-year legacy in audio mastering, Ozone 9 brings balance to your music with never-before-seen processing for low end, real-time instrument separation, and lightning-fast workflows powered by machine learning. Find the perfect vibe with an expanded Master Assistant that knows exactly what you’re going for, whether it’s warm analogue character or transparent loudness for streaming. Talk to more iZotope plug-ins in your session with Tonal Balance Control 2 and blur the lines between mixing and mastering. Work faster with improved plug-in performance, smoother metering, and resizable windows. No more wondering if your music is ready for primetime—with Ozone 9, the future of mastering is in your hands.
Ozone 9 Advanced also comes with the new-and-improved Tonal Balance Control 2 plug-in.
Why Ozone 9?
Master with machine learning
Master with machine learning: Ozone 9 helps make mastering easier with AI-powered assistive tools that give you an instant starting point. Master Assistant can add modern or vintage vibes and help you get the right loudness for streaming. New source separation technology in Master Rebalance lets you correct instrument levels before starting your master, or add excitement to key sections. Have the final say in any mix, with complete control of your sound.
Control lows, mids, and highs
Tame harshness in high end and bring out your low-end instruments with industry-first tools like the Spectral Shaper and Low-End Focus modules. Use intuitive, fluid controls to target specific regions to easily smooth out issues or create unique effects.
Match your reference track
Load your favourite reference tracks into Ozone 9, loop any section, and compare your master with a single button press. Take a snapshot of your reference with the new Match EQ module, and save your favourite profiles as presets for other songs. Or, use Master Assistant to set up a custom chain based on your reference.
Tonal Balance Control 2
Finalize and fine-tune your master in any listening environment using target curves for different genres. Quickly fix issues where you see them by calling up Ozone’s EQ against your target. Use Tonal Balance Control in your mix session and adjust gain and EQ for Nectar, Neutron, and Relay plug-ins to keep frequencies in line.
Ozone for Streaming
Get your music ready for prime time in today’s world of streaming audio. Set intelligent loudness targets to prevent your music from being turned down by a streaming platform with Master Assistant and Maximizer. Use CODEC Preview mode in Ozone 9 Advanced to hear your music translated to MP3 or AAC. Upload a reference track to Tonal Balance Control 2, Master Assistant, or EQ Match, and ensure your music stacks up against the competition. Create with confidence knowing your music will sound great in any format!
What’s in Ozone?
Adjust volume on drums, bass, or vocals in ANY audio track, even a bounced mix.
- Master Rebalance works in real time…no need to render or bounce your tracks
- Use DAW automation to add excitement in song sections with small gain changes
- Twin spectrum meters let you see rebalanced source against the rest of your track
Low End Focus
Get clear and punchy low frequencies and avoid artefacts from EQ and compression. “Punchy” and “Smooth” modes let you find the right setting for percussive or sustained low-end issues
- Set a Boundary region to add or remove contrast anywhere in your low end
- Use the Listen button to hear what’s being removed and avoid over-processing
Add natural stereo width to narrow mixes with an upgraded “Stereoize” mode:
- NEW! Two modes for stereoize give you new flavours for widening your track
- Sculpt your image in stereo with per-band widening and narrowing
- Monitor stereo width and phase new fluid metering
Control the finest details of your sound with fluid metering and new HUD controls
- Emulate classic analogue EQs or modern digital models depending on your style
- Use Mid/Side mode to correct frequencies in the sides of your audio
- NEW! Enjoy smooth, fluid metering and a resizable window that lets you see more of your sound
Seamlessly compare your mix with a reference track at the touch of a button
- Loop specific regions of your references and load up to 16 at once into Ozone
- See your reference displayed in Ozone’s meters for easy visual comparison
- Use Master Assistant to automatically match the tone of your loaded reference tracks
Make mixes LOUD while preserving dynamics with Ozone’s intelligent limiter
- Intelligent Release Control (IRC) modes react to your sound to reduce distortion and pumping
- Threshold Learn mode intelligently sets loudness to a target LUFS level
- True Peak detection ensures your audio doesn’t clip after export
Add instant polish and remove harshness with spectral shaping technology.
- Light, Medium, and Heavy settings offer different smoothing flavours
- Shape lows, mids, and highs with adjustable boundary controls
- Listen mode lets you hear what parts of the sound you’re removing, helping you find the perfect settings
Make EQ boosts and cuts that respond to the dynamics of your audio
- Make subtle boosts and cuts that occur only when frequencies are too loud or soft
- Control threshold, attack, and release along with frequency and gain
- More precise that a compressor and more subtle than a normal EQ!
Mix and match between seven different types of distortion to add warmth and character
- Use different flavours of distortion such as Tape, Retro, or Tube
- Add different distortion modes on multiple bands to create your own unique tonal balance
The mastering engineer’s most versatile tool. Tame dynamic mixes and give your tracks energy.
- Compress in up to four bands, or with the Detection Filter mode
- Use Auto-release mode for a smooth, natural response
Introduce rich saturation with all the frequency colouration, distortion, and phase effects of tape.
Glue a mix together and get loud, pumping tracks using Vintage Limiter
Brighten your master, smooth out heavy low end, and add body to your digital recordings.
Add colourful dynamics with compression modelled after famous mastering hardware
Mac & Windows
How Do I Update My Plugin?
Once we are able to get a hold of new updates we will update the listing for you to download the new update. Please, DO NOT update the plugin through the plugin as this will revert the license.