Hands-on delay with an analogue flavor.
A delay worth waiting for.
Of all the essential mix tools, the delay may be the most creatively satisfying. So Baby Audio asked themselves: could they take one of their favourite effects and give it an upgrade?
They set out to develop their vision for a warmer sounding, more inspiring delay plugin: One that lets you design your own delay sounds through a versatile selection of onboard flavouring tools. Easily and intuitively.
Comeback Kid includes everything you’d expect from a new go-to delay — plus some unexpected extras.
Set up your delay:
- BPM-synced modes: Straight, dotted, triplet. Free mode: 0.01 ms – 2500 ms. Ping-Pong option.
Add some character:
- Lo-Cut + Hi-Cut: Tame your delays with analogue-modelled filters.
- Attack + Sustain: Sculpt your delays with flexible transient designers.
- Cheap: Degrade you delays with a custom 11-bit signal path — modelled after vintage digital units.
- Tape: Warm-up your delays with analogue-style tape saturation.
- Swirl: Add movement to your delays with an analogue-modelled phaser.
- Sauce: Add space to your delays with a touch of algorithmic reverb.
- Wider: Widen your delays through L/R time variations.
- Richer: Add dimension to your delays through L/R pitch variations.
- Pan: Place your delays in the stereo image.
- Mono: Turn your delays into mono.
- Ducker: Lower your delays when the dry signal is playing — for a cleaner, more modern sound.
- Destiny: Leave your delays to destiny — for a less robotic, more human and unpredictable vibe.
As with Baby Audio’s other effects, each knob is the tip of the iceberg—with plenty of good stuff going on under the hood. This gives you flexible sound design options, while the workflow remains fast.
Delays that work in your flavor.
Want a tape delay vibe for your lead synth, a modern slap on your vocals and a crunchy lo-fi echo on your guitars? Not a problem. Want to mix and match all of the above to create something new? Also not a problem! Comeback Kid is designed to adapt to your sound — not the other way around. And with no sub-menus or hidden features, everything you need is right in front of you. Even some inspiration.
Comeback Kid comes loaded with 61 presets* created by friends of BABY Audio – including:
- Mick Schultz: Grammy Nominated, Multi-Platinum, producer for Rihanna, Kelly Clarkson, Jeremih etc.
- Anthony Saffery: Billboard #1 producer/engineer for Portugal. The Man, Dirty Vegas, Cornershop etc.
Mac & Windows
How Do I Update My Plugin?
Once we are able to get a hold of new updates we will update the listing for you to download the new update. Please, DO NOT update the plugin through the plugin as this will revert the license.